What is EICR Testing?
EICR Testing is also known as Periodic Testing and Fixed Wire Testing, and involves the testing of electrical services and systems that conduct electricity around a building. It covers all of the hard wiring in a building and includes items such as main panels, distribution boards, lighting, socket outlets, air conditioning and other fixed plant.
Benefits to you of EICR Testing
• Testing of your systems to BS7671:2008, the IEE wiring regulations 17th edition
• Details of your installation
• Extent and limitations of the inspection
• Supply characteristics and particulars of the installation
• Schedule of items inspected and tested
• Schedules of circuit details and test results
• Summary of the inspection and test
• Observations and recommendations for actions to be taken, coded by priority
• The legislation of specific relevance to electrical maintenance and fixed installation testing;
• The Health & Safety at Work Act (1974)
• The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations (1999)
• The Electricity at Work Regulations (1989)
• The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations (1992)